Sunday, October 7, 2012

Holga

Shooting with the Holga camera is quite the experience. We were able to shoot anything, which made the project more difficult for me because at first I was trying to take artsy pictures and I am pretty sure that most of them did not turn out how I wanted them. But, towards the end of my photo shoot, I decided to not try and pose my pictures as much and try and shoot in the spur of the moment. The Holga camera is not a complex camera, which has its ups and downs. The positive effects of the Holga are that when one is shooting, there is less to think about, one just shoots and rewinds and so on. But, so negative effects of this simple camera are that there are only two light settings and no way to adjust shutter speed. I decided to look at a Holga Blog that Ms. Denis told us about to look at some of the beautiful pieces of art taken with this simple camera. All of these photos came from the website:<http://holga-blog.blogspot.com/>
The symmetry of the trees makes this photo visually appealing. I also like the black corners, which enhances the center of the picture and adds contrast to this photo.
 This photo is by far my favorite. The shape of the smoke and fluid movement make the picture almost come to life. The dark edges help to align the photo and emphasize the smoke in the center.
This photo remind me of Halloween because it is spooky-looking. I like how both of the trains in the distance look like they are moving in the same direction. Also, the scratches at the top give the photo a rustic feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment